FIVE WAYS OF COPING WITH THE PROBLEM
- Increase your fluid intake
- Sip slowly and in small amounts
- Do not induce vomiting
- Mix fruit juice with ½ tsp. honey and a pinch of salt
- Eat bland foods i.e. crackers, soup cereal
HOW TO AVOID THE PROBLEM
- Wash your hands before preparing food
- Avoid raw foods and wild mushrooms
- Cook all food properly
- Scrub kitchen counters
- Avoid any food that does not smell or look right
See your doctor if:
- Victim is young, old, or suffering from chronic medical illness.
- There is difficulty swallowing, speaking, or breathing.
- There is blurry vision, muscle weakness, or paralysis.
- Fever rises above 37.8°C
- Vomiting is severe to the point where liquids cannot be held down
- Severe diarrhea lasts for more than two days
- There is bloody diarrhea
- There is persistent abdominal pain
- Dehydration is evident