The Ophthalmology department is a well equipped clinic with the latest state of the art ophthalmic devices to aid in the diagnosis and management of most ophthalmic diseases.
The scope of service includes the following:
Refractive Laser Center
Which is equipped with the latest wavefront analyzer to estimate precisely the refractive error of the patient.
The Allgeratto Wave Light 400Hz Eximer Laser machine with its unique wavefront guided treatments,which is the only eximer laser machine with FDA approval for the highest range of correction .
Through which the following services are available:
- Full ophthalmologic examination with
- Computerized refraction
- Screening for early glaucoma detection.
- Field of Vision
- Fluorescein Angiography for Retinal diseases
- Corneal Topography
- Laser treatment for glaucoma
- Multiwave Laser for treatment of different retinal diseases.
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
Low Visual Aid Clinic
Provides optical and electronic aids for helping patients with visual handicapping conditions (e.g diabetic retinopathy. Age related macular degeneration)
- The most recent phacoemulsification machine for cataract surgery and foldable intraocular lenses
- Anterior segment surgery
- Surgery for the correction of squint.
- Phykic IOL for the treatment of high myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism.
- Corneal Cross Linking.