Established with the inauguration of the hospital in 1982, the department of neurological surgery is the first in a private hospital in the Kingdom.
It stands now as one of the finest, most up-to-date, and fully comprehensive neuro surgical services in the region. It compares to many of the highly advanced neurosciences’ set-up in the Western World.
The department offers the diagnosis and management of many disorders covering most aspects of neurosurgery:
- Treatment of brain tumors including surgical resection of tumors, brain mapping, stereotactic biopsy with CT guided systems.
- Transsphenoidal surgery for pituitary tumors
- Craniofacial reconstructive surgery.
- Advanced microvascular neurosurgery for the treatment of Aneurysms and Arterio-venous malformations in conjunction with interventional neuroradiological procedures such as coiling and embolization techniques
- Epilepsy surgery for the treatment of intractable seizures utilizing resection of the epileptogenic focus, cortical mapping, and a new procedure: vagus nerve stimulation.
- Functional Neurosurgery for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease, and pain syndromes (trigeminal neuralgia)
- The YAG LASER in neurosurgery
- Spine surgery including:
Anterior cervical discectomy Lumbar microdiscectomy Micro Endoscopic disectomy Automated percutneous nucleotome:
Treatment of Spinal Fractures .Sp. Fusion
First in Middle East to do percutaneous discectomy without open surgery. Spinal fusion; anterior or posterior plates, screws or cages. Spinal cord stimulator for chronic back pain and failed back surgery. Epidural injections for treatment of Failed Back Surgery Syndrome.
Kyphoplasty: An innovative minimally invasive Procedure for the treatment of osteoporotic Vertebral compression fractures avoiding Open surgery of the spine.
Treatment of Hydrocephalus and other congenital anomalies. Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy and endoscopic removal of intra-ventricular tumours.
Spinal navigation system: Allowing precise spinal procedures, including fusion & tumour surgery.
Neucloeoplasty – Kyphoplasty & vertebrosplasty for percutaneous treatment of disc protrusion, osteporotic collapse & fractures of the spine, P.T.O.
Percutaneous spinal fusion – avoiding the extensive surgical incision.