• Diabetic & Endocrinology

    State of the art medical setting, based on the American Endocrine and Diabetes centre standard. Warm and welcoming reception and waiting area. While you wait, simple teaching videotapes can be watched. Informative and useful patient education brochures are also available.The department is directed by American board certified endocrinologist.

    In addition, well experienced Dietician, Diabetic educator, foot care nurse and endocrine nurses. The centre is well equipped and ready to perform all endocrine and Diabetes dynamic tests. Located in a close vicinity to other supportive services e.g. Laboratory and Radiology.

     

    The Centre’s Activity

     

    Our center is ready to and dealing with variable endocrine disorders. Having a considerable number of patients the following are examples of the disorders followed {alphabetically ordered}

    • Abnormal sex differentiation.
    • Adrenal crisis.
    • Adrenal insufficiency.
    • Amenorrhea.
    • Cushing’s Syndrome.
    • Diabetes mellitus types I and II.
    • Diabetes insipidus.
    • Disorder of puberty, precocious and delayed.
    • Excessive tall stature.
    • Failure to thrive.
    • Galactorrhea, or breast discharge.
    • Gynecomastia {breast enlargement in males}.
    • Hirsutism {abnormal hair distribution in females}.
    • Hyperparathyroidism and Hypoparathyroidism.
    • Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism.
    • Hypocalcaemia.
    • Hypoglycaemia.
    • Hypoaldosteronism of various type
    • Lipid disorder
    • Obesity.
    • Osteoporosis
    • Premature Adrenarche {early development of sexual hair}.
    • Ricketts, different types.
    • Short Stature.
    • Survivors of intracranial tumours pre and post surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy are followed for the known hormonal disturbance.

     

    All the above-mentioned and any other hormonal disorders related to children and adults are followed.
    Investigations required to reach and confirm the appropriate diagnosis are available.

    Procedures: (all Procedures are done according to the international standards and recommendations)

    • Growth Hormone provocative tests.
    • GnRh test
    • ACTH test.
    • TRH test.
    • Oral glucose tolerance test.
    • Water deprivation test.
    • Other hormonal assessment.

     

    An excellent hormone laboratory supports the Center were more than 95% of hormonal assays are done, with excellent correlation using the most advanced techniques, and the remaining 5 % are sent to pre-agreement international laboratories.

    The presence of the Cytogenetic lab in the hospital is a plus, allowing fast and accurate diagnosis in certain cases that need chromosomal studies.

    The Radiology Department is well equipped to perform all the necessary studies to our patients, e.g.. X-ray, C-T, MRI or nuclear scanning with very competent radiologist for reading and interpretation.

    The Pediatric Endocrine

    Deals with patients from birth to 18 years of age.

    Insulin Pump For Children

      • The first time in Jeddah.
      • Easy flexible lifestyle.
      • Glucose control.

    CGMS “New England”

    • Continuous Subcutaneous glucose Monitoring every 5 minutes, help to read and analyzed patient data, for dose adjustment and record hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia unawareness.
    • This is a unique service available in our Center.

     

    The Adults Endocrine

    Deals with endocrinological problems in addition to diabetic patient either regarding diabetes or general medical complain.
    For both general diabetic care and other medical problems.
    Special emphasis to:

    1. Obesity – including physical examination and laboratory work-up for the cause and complication of obesity in addition to individualized diet, exercise and lifestyle modification.
    2. Osteoporosis. The main cause of fractures in elderly population, patient is evaluated for underlying cause and his treatment.
    3. Low body weight
    4. Dyslipidemia
    5. Thyroid problem
    6. Para-thyroid problems
    7. Other endocrinological problem (pituitary, adrenal, calcium metabolism,etc ….)

     

    Every patient has the right to obtain a detailed medical report about his case, that can be presented to any medical facility all over the world.

    Dietary

    Nutritional counseling and education are rendered to our patient (By specialized diabeticians) at length specially the diabetics and patient with weight disorder.

    Especially for the diabetics the work is complemented with thorough Diabetic education allowing the parents and the child to be knowledgeable and able to take the correct decision when away from medical access.





CALL CENTER